Select a Topic Below to Learn More
To assist the Florida School Boards Insurance Trust and their members in saving lives, limbs, property and claims costs in order to improve our members’ well-being, image, resources and finances. To provide safety, health and risk management consultation, evaluation, training, guidance and claims control to our members.
FSBIT uses a targeted loss control approach to best serve our members. Losses are caused by specific actions or conditions. By targeting those, real losses can be prevented.
Targeted Loss Control is a means of:
- Targeting where the losses are occurring with trend reporting and inspection
- Isolating the root cause
- Identifying specific corrective actions
- Offering recommendation assistance to make those corrective actions
- Monitoring the results to ensure desired effects are acheived
Communicating key safety information to staff and students is imperative. FSBIT Safety Specialists will assist you with the following communication initiatives:
- Forming a safety committee
- Creating an in-house newsletter
- Utilizing Safe Schools online training program
- Developing best practices for communicating safety to Board/Superintendent/Employees/Students