FLORIDA SCHOOL BOARDS INSURANCE TRUST
Director of Business Services
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, accounting, administration and supervision and/or educational leadership
- Five (5) years successful experience in upper level management of business services.
- CPA Certification or Certified Government Finance Officer preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to organize and direct the work of groups in completing complex tasks. Ability to motivate and develop employees. Ability to write and speak effectively. Ability to read and interpret complex material such as laws, rules, and reports. Knowledge of the state and federal legislative process. Knowledge of the Florida Education Finance Program and related laws. Knowledge of audit procedures. Skill and knowledge of how budgets are developed. Knowledge of purchasing and the bid process. Ability to use electronic equipment.
Executive Director of Risk Management
All Accounting, Bill Review, Informational Technology and Support Staff Personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee all financial functions – receipts, disbursements, cash management including monthly modified accrual financial statements with comparisons of actual results to budget.
- Oversee the development, adoption, and implementation of the budget.
- Oversee the function of the Information Technology department and ensure good business practices are being followed.
- Lead in the development of long-range plans impacting financial matters.
- Ensure that activities of the Business Services and Support Services department are coordinated with those of other departments.
- Ensure that the Executive Director of Risk Management is kept informed of all matters relating to the functions of the department.
- Plan and oversee responses to external audit reports as they relate to business services.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a cross-training program to ensure smooth transition when key employees vacate a position or when an employee is absent.
- Participate in training activities, which will improve knowledge and skills.
- Ensure that audits of internal funds are completed in a timely manner and that appropriate corrective measures are taken when necessary.
- Keep assigned departments focused on the mission and goals of the Florida School Boards Insurance Trust.
- Supervise and coach assigned personnel, and make recommendations for appropriate employment action.
- Serve as a member of the Risk Manager’s Leadership Team.
- Attend Board meetings and be prepared to provide accurate information upon request.
- Monitor and assess the workflow of assigned departments.
- Keep department personnel appropriately informed.
- Maintain close communication with the member districts.
- Oversee all operations that report to the Director of Business Services.
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the FSBA/FSBIT approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the Executive Director of Risk Management. Job descriptions may be changed as needed by administration.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Salary Inquiries – please contact Executive Director David Stephens: (850) 414-0021 x 303
Submit Your Resume